gtk_signal_connect_object

I notice that gtk_signal_connect_object() does not take a data
pointer.  This makes the function useless for binding to certain
classes of languages.  Consequently, I suggest an incompatible
modification to the GTK+ at some point that adds a data pointer to
gtk_signal_connect_object so that non-C programs can use it.

As an alternative, is there a work-around where I could use
gtk_signal_connect with a struct { void* realdata; GtkObject* object }
that allows me to pass both the object and the data myself and still
gives me the semantics of gtk_signal_connect_object?

Andrew