Re: [gtk-list] Re: about Helloworld:GTKtutor's example.

> > I'm new to linux,I'm just learning GTKtutor.I met a problem when I compile helloworld.c,
> > an example of GTKtutor.
> >
> > When I type 'make' ,It told me like this:
> > "/tmp/cca003751.o:infunction `main':
> > /tmp/cca003751.o(.text+0xd1):undefined reference to `gtk_container_set_border_width'"
> >
> > Why?
> > My linux(Red Hat 5.1) was just installed! and I have done nothing except this.

> Hi,
> it sounds very strange to me -- compiler can't find only one function
> prototype/or function itself, with others everithing is well, yes?

	The problem is that the very latest version of the tutorial does
_NOT_ work with GTK+ version 1.0.

	On my Redhat 5.2 system, I got similar errors.  Almost none of the
examples would compile, but a few of them would.

	To fix the problem, I needed to download the file
titled gtk_tutorial.981208.tar.gz  instead of whatever the most recent one
is.  Then, all of the examples compile fine.

	It would certainly be nice if this were documented somewhere!
Furthermore, the version that is posted on the website is even older than
the gtk_tutorial.981208.tar.gz version (even though both of those version
work with GTK+ version 1.0).

--Derek Simkowiak
  dereks@kd-dev.com