Re: [gtk-list] Re: Method to query toggle button state?

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Jimmie Mayfield wrote:

> > Most people use GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON(widget)->active, I think.
>
> That was precisely the point of my post.  IME, it's not a good design
> for programs to have to access internal widget members directly.  In OO,
> I still think an inline function or MACRO provided by GTK would be the best
> way to do this.

I agree, but there is certainly no need to do the long signal-tracking
deal you described. As you say yourself that's definitely bad. Accessing
widget->active, while mildly lame, is not really very harmful in any
practical sense. The ->active member won't go away since everyone uses it.
And no one is dumb enough to write to it I don't think.

Still, you are right that a function would be "correct."

Havoc