Re: suggestion/request: gtk_init returns on failure

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 04:44:40PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

> We can't change the default behavior of gtk_init() because
> a lot of people are presumably assumming that it is going
> to abort on failure. However, I think we could do:
>
> Either
>
>  void gtk_set_abort_on_error (gboolean abort);
>
> Or, (perhaps better)
>
>  gboolean gdk_check_init (int *argc, char ***argv);

functionally, either one would work for me.  however, i'm concerned
about the second one: is gdk_init() the only exit path for gtk_init()?
in other words, are there other exit paths within gtk_init() that
would also need to be caught/checked?
--andy