DND problem

I have an application which receives drops from Netscape. At the beginning
drop site has icon 1. When the pointer enters the drop window, I receive
drag_motion signal and handler sets icon 2. When pointer leaves the window,
I get drag_leave and handler sets icon 1 again.

But leaving doesn't work always. When the pointer leaves my drop site (which
is, BTW, top level window) and enters another application's window, all is
well. But when it goes directly from my drop window to root window, then
I don't get drag_leave or drag_motion signals, so I can't switch the icon.
When the pointer eventually enters any window, I get drag_leave, but that's
much too late.

Am I doing something wrong, or not doing enough or is it a bug in GTK?
I'm using GTK 1.1.14 on Solaris 7 with Window Maker 0.51.0.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.