Re: [gtk-list] Re: GDK_EXPOSE

Thanks for pointing out this routine.

This routine checks for a GraphicsExpose or NoExpose event in the X event Q and
then goes into gdk_translate_event(), converting it into a GDK_EXPOSE event or
GDK_NO_EXPOSE event, accordingly. If I go looking for GraphicsExpose events this
way, I guess I know that the GDK_EXPOSE returned is really a GraphicsExposure,
although the overload of GDK_EXPOSE for two clearly different underlying X11
event types is annoying.

But I might want to hear about the GraphicsExpose/NoExpose events asynchronously
via a signal callback. If I am copying a huge area it would be more efficient to
fire the copy off and go do something else. Because GDK translates both Expose
and GraphicsExpose to GDK_EXPOSE, there would be this ambiguity -- was it an
Expose of the window that got me to my signal function, or was it a
GraphicsExpose? Should I redraw? Or report that an operation failed?

syd