Re: [gtk-list] GTKEntry in GtkTable

Bernd Demian wrote:

> Hi,
> can anybody help me to place a gtk_entry_widget in a gtk_table, so that
> it justify on the left side of the column. I must say I,  set the
> widget_usize to the length of max_length  depend from the font.
> But I find no way to put the entry_widget to the left - the
> entry_widgets are centralized in the column.
> Please help.
> Bernd

I normally let the entry expand and also let it fill the width of the cell,
by using GTK_EXPAND | GTK_FILL as the xoptions when calling
gtk_table_attach().

If you really want it a fixed size and left-aligned, one possibility would be
to add a hbox to the table, and add your entry and an empty label to the hbox.
Set the expand and fill arguments to FALSE when adding the entry to the hbox,
and TRUE when adding the label, so the label will expand to take up any extra
space.

Damon