Re: [gtk-list] Re: ANNOUNCE: GLib 1.1.15 Released

I certainly agree with what you're saying.  I think the point of
another question earlier was it would be nice if the announcement
indicated whether binary compatibility was kept between the two
releases.  Anyone with minimal knolwedge of shared libraries can look
at the version numbers to see whether or not they are (assuming the
version numbers are used appropriate as they are in glib/gtk).  But
for someone w/o this knowledge, that info tells whether or not they
have to recompile other software (e.g., gnome) to get it to work.  We
certainly want people to try these version to help find the bugs.