Re: [gtk-list] cannot cast spin button entry.

Wed Dec 29 1999, jca ->

>   During compile time, I always get the error message "cannot convert to
> a pointer type" , whenever I try to cast the entry part of a spin
> button:
>
>  gchar *stringval;
>  stringval = gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY (
> GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spinbutton)->entry));
>
>   Why is this?   I _can_ dereference the
> GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spinbutton)->entry, but I just can't cast it as
> anything, which makes it useless.

GtkSpinButton _is_ a GtkEntry, so just do
stringval = gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY (spinbutton));

	n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.

PGP signature