Re: [gtk-list] improved notebooks?

Antonio Campos <acampos@ceronet.com> writes:
> Nevertheless I encountered a runtime error, concretely:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3360 (gtk_widget_set_parent):
> assertion `widget->parent == NULL' failed.
>
> Is there anything wrong with this?. I suspect that gtk_notebook is
> complaining about the hbox not being a windowless widget. And I
> correct?. Is this a big problem?

This is just what it says: widget->parent should be NULL and it
isn't. i.e. the widget is already in a container, and you try to add
it to another one. In your debugger, break on g_log and get a
backtrace to see where you're adding the second time.

> something we shouldn't lose. So could anyone fix the popup_menu in the
> notebooks to show the label widgets correctly?.

Unclear how to do this, Gtk doesn't have copy constructors...

> When I have a scrollable notebook, is it possible to make the
> arrows (that appear to scroll the notebook) become DnD aware?. I mean,

I bet you'd have to hack GtkNotebook for this.

Havoc