Color swapping problem

I'm trying to track down the source of a color problem I'm having and I'm
starting to think it may be in Gtk.  Here's my situation.  I working on an a
x86 (Little Endian) processor but my graphics card is "broken" in that it
insists on treating its frame buffer as Big Endian. I have successfully
applied patches to my Xserver to account for this behavior and now most apps
display fine (32 bit mode).  Some apps however, have the red and blue colors
still swapped.  For example, If I run Netscape, all is well.  If I run Mozilla,
all the blues are red and all the reds are blue.  If I run "xv -root image.jpg"
the image is color-correct, If I run "Esetroot image.jpg" the reds and blues are
swapped.

Anyone have any insight?  Are there some assumptions in the Gtk library about
byte ordering?

Thanks,
Jim Buzbee
Echostar Technologies