Announce: Gtk-- 1.1.5

Gtk-- 1.1.5
--------------
Gtk-- is a C++ interface for the popular GUI library gtk. Gtk-- provides
convenient interface for C++ programmers to create graphical user
interfaces with gtk's flexible OO framework. Highlights include typesafe
callbacks, widgets extensible using inheritance and over 110 classes that
can be freely combined to quickly create complex user interfaces. Gtk--
is free software distributed under GNU Library General Public License (LGPL).

Gtk-- finally made the much anticipated change over to namespaces.
Thus this version will break all current Gtk-- code.  However, after
discussion with our users it appears this was one of the most
demanded features.  This will be the last big code change before
we declare our next stable version.  Individual interfaces and
minor internals may still change to fix bugs, but otherwise we are
considered frozen.  Gtk-- 1.0.x series is now completely dead, RIP.

Gdk-- rework unfortunately did not make the freeze.  It has been
pushed til Gtk-- 1.3 when hopefully gtk+ has a common base object
for gdk internals which will simplify the structure.  Gdk-- was
not cut over to namespaces to avoid confusing the improved system
with the current.

Many other fixes have also been added, as well as additions to the tutorial.
Namespaces completely killed off perceps, our code documentation system.
Expected for next version a fixed documentation system and ironing out the
some of the bugs on our todo list.

Homepage: http://lazy.ton.tut.fi/gtk--/gtk--.html
Ftp: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/gtk--
Maillist: gtkmm@modeemi.cs.tut.fi

Release Notes:
Release: Gtk-- 1.1.5 (20 December 1999)
Get: gtkmm-1.1.5.tar.gz http://lazy.ton.tut.fi/gtk--/gtkmm-1.1.5.tar.gz

  * Freezing for next stable release.
  * Namespaces !!!  Gtk_* => Gtk:: Gnome_* => Gnome::  (KN)
  * Added wrapper for GtkTearoffMenuItem. (GL)
  * External wrapper scripts now in place. (KN)
  * Corrected bug in Gtk_SArray (GL)
  * Installation bug with gnomemmConf.sh fixed. (GL)
  * CList example added to testgtk--
  * Corrected bug in Gnome-- which was preventing proper wrapping of
    C objects (thanks to Ramiro Estrugo <ramiro@fateware.com>)
  * Added SGML version of the FAQ
    (thanks to Robert Gasch r.gasch@chello.nl)
  * Gnome::Dialog functions converted to use SigC instead of C callbacks.
    (thanks to ERDI Gergo <cactus@cactus.rulez.org>)
  * Tutoral chapter on timeouts added.
    (thanks to Bernhard Rieder <e9325898@student.tuwien.ac.at>)

--Karl