Re: [gtk-list] Text-widget

> The text-widget has some Function-keys predefined (like ctrl-u to delete a
> line). Is there any possibility to change those from my program or do i
> have to make a special version of the widget for my program ???

	Those are hard-coded into the widget.  See gtktext.c, in the
function "gtk_text_key_press" to modify them.

	I don't know if those should be modified to send signals, which
can then be attached to callbacks, or what.  Perhaps it's better to ignore
them completely, and let the application worry about them?  Suggestions
are welcome.

	Incidentally, the GtkText widget has some serious problems which
make it insufficient for a serious text editor.  The design is sound (and
the original author did an awesome coding job), but the widget is
unfinished, there are some bugs, and the rendering pipeline is too slow.
Just maximize a GtkText and scroll through some text to see what I mean.

	I'm working on the problem.  I'm currently desiging a new
rendering pipeline, which should make horizontal scrolling easy to
implement (and response times faster).

--Derek