gtk and gIDE

Hello everybody,

I have installed gtk 1.2.6 over R.H. 6.1 and I have tried to install the
development
environment gIDE. When I execute the script 'configure', it stops after
the check of gtk version. In particular, it determine the correct
version, but it also found a previous version of gtk. The error message
is:

> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.4...
> *** 'gtk-config --version' returned 1.2.6, but GTK+ (1.2.5)
> *** was found! If gtk-config was correct, then it is best
> *** to remove the old version of GTK+. You may also be able to fix the error
> *** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
> *** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
> *** required on your system.
> *** If gtk-config was wrong, set the environment variable GTK_CONFIG
> *** to point to the correct copy of gtk-config, and remove the file config.cache
> *** before re-running configure

I haven't installed GTK+ (1.2.5) and I don't know how to remove it.
Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot,
Michele