Re: [gtk-list] [OT] How to create a patch

Thu Dec 16 1999, Arjan J. Molenaar ->
> I have a question, which is quite off topic, but... ehhmmm...
> What's the best way to create a path? I'm not using CVS now (could be in
> the near future, depending on the answers ;-).

If you want to patch something that is in CVS you should definitely use
the 'diff' command in CVS to make the patch.

Just check out the sources, make your changes, perhaps do a
"cvs upgrade" (this will _not_ destroy your changes), and then a
"cvs diff -u > patchfile", and there you have your patch, good and
ready!

	n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.

PGP signature