Background pixmap

Hi!

I'm trying to reduce the flicker that comes when you opaque resize a
windows. One thing that reduces the flicker is if you can stop the
widgets from clearing the background first. If you later on is going to
paint the entire widget, then it doesn't help to clear the background
anyway.

It works for most widgets but I can't get it to work for the toplevel
windows. I do it by setting the pixmap (all five of them) of the widget
to GDK_PARENT_RELATIVE which I guess sets the background pixmap to
None with X is supposed to interpret as don't paint background??

I read the gtk-source to find out what GDK_PARENT_RELATIVE do. The
biggest problem with GTK is still that there is no documentation.

I guess that I have missunderstod something since I cant get it to
work.

I would be very happy if someone could show me some code that opens a
toplevel windows where there is NO painting going on at all. So that
when you open it you see a window-frame (from the WM) and in the
interior you see whatever was there before.

--
/Dennis