Re: [gtk-list] Re: callback synchronisation

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> >Which is not particularly helpful. Solaris man page is much better, but
> >read and write like calls will be restarted only on slow devices, like
> >terminals. Doesn't work for file system, I'm afaraid.
>
> Thats good to know. i was getting worried that Linux had pathological
> behaviour in this case.

Solaris is not a reference for BSD-ish things. But I've just checked
Ultrix 4.0 manual from 1990 and it says the same thing. I have to admit
I don't remember that stuff any more, unfortunately. But paging through
the manual provoked warm fuzzy feelings. VAX uber alles. :-)

--
 .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.