Slowlyness with GtkText

Hi,

I have noted, that some times GtkText widget in my app get really slow.
It keeps typing my text about a minute after a finished.

I have noted it on some gnome stuff as Gedit.

I thought it was because of the gtk themes I use (pixmaps), but
it happens with clean themes too.  And I have heard other people complain
about the same reason.

Is this known (I guess it is)?

Is there something I can do in my app to prevent this to happen?

Note that this does not happen all the time, just I fewer times.

	-Raul Dias