GtkTree vs. GtkCtree

I currently have an application using a gtktree to hold a basic tree. I
would like to convert this to a ctree, but havent found much info on it.

My main question is, where are the gtk_ctree_append and prepend
functions. I could really use them. Also, something like
gtk_tree_set_subtree and functions like that would be useful. Are these
functions disguised as something else? The tree is so easy to use, and
the ctree seems quite convoluted.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a good example, I would be
greatfull.

Thanks,
Chicane
http://gCatalog.sourceforge.net