How to draw images quickly?

In my application one window continually shows the image got from a
framegrabber. It's 565x480 pixel big and the framegrabber already delivers
it in the format the  X server will need it, i.e. it only works with an X
True Color or Direct Color Display of 32bit depth, which is ok for us.

What is the recommended and fastest method to display this image? No
dithering or conversion needs to be done. Would gdk_draw_rgb_32_image
do the right thing? From what I hear on this list, gdk_imlib is likely to be
phased out.

The image needs to be updated at least 5 times a second.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source

PGP signature