Pixmap Problem!

I try to program an applicaiton to manage the pixmap resource.
It is a background application.

Each time, different client applications send message to it for loading
a pixmap from XPM file to GdkPixmap.
When the application received the message, it will load the XPM file to
a GdkPixmap and return this GdkPixmap address to the Client, so that
different client applications can shared one pixmap. I use the load
function is:
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm(NULL,NULL,NULL, filename)

I successfully build such struct, each time, the address received by
client application from it is correct.  But when I try to use  the
pixmap (which is in the somewhere of memory), it always shows the error
message or never can really use that pixmap.

I wonder why?
It is some urgent!!

If somebody knows, please teach ASAP!