Re: [gtk-list] Perl/Gtk 0.6123

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 09:12:38PM +0000, Dermot Musgrove wrote:
> I think that I have come across a couple more omissions just in case Lupus
> has nothing to do :-) Please tell me that I'm wrong if I have misunderstood.

I'm currently on vacation and it's a pain to compile big stuff from
my parallel port zip. Anyone here that can give me a portable?:-)
Will look into this stuff next week, I'll comment on some issues, though.

> * Gnome::App->new is bound to gnome_app_new() rather than
>     gnome_app_construct - probably my misunderstanding.

Yep. Maybe gnome_app_construct needs to be added (I don't have the
source at hand).

> * gtk_calendar Gtk::Calendar widget not bound

This, along with GtkPlug/Socket, moved from the earlier gnome-libs to
gtk+ proper, so they need to be compiled in the Gtk module.
I think the better way to solve the problem is to drop support
for the old gnome (0.30) and the gtk 1.1.x releases.

> * gnome_spell (I know that this is difficult and not planned)

I'll give it a try since Kenneth added a mechanism to fixup
signal handlers arguments.

> * GnomeMDI*

If I remeber correctly, using GnomeMDI involves subclassing
(creating new Gtk+ object classes): will need to check if that works.

lupus

--
lupus@debian.org
Se devo emigrare in America, come mio nonno, prendo il tram!        [F.G.]