how to get associate GdkWindow from a GtkWindow

      It does not work! If you use 'GtkWidget *window =
gtk_window_new(...);', then you will find that the 'window' in
_GtkWidget is NULL, which means empty and not pointing to a GdkWindow !!!,
so that I can not use that.

     Any other idea?

[Xu, Jian]  Since  this function 'gdk_window_set_back_pixmap` only supports
GdkWindow, but my application is using GtkWindow which let me can add
other widgets to the window.
So I wonder how I can attach a pixmap to a GtkWindow as the background?
Or, How to get the associate GdkWindow from a GtkWindow, so that I can
use that function?
Or, How to create a GtkWindow from a GdkWindow which is already get a
pixmap background by using that function.
Or, any other way?

If anyone know, please teach me ASAP, it is very urgent!!!!  because I
must attach a pixmap to a GtkWindow as the background now.

Thanks very much!

Previously, you (Jiang XU) wrote:
> I try to attach a pixmap (declare as GdkPixmap *) as the background
> picture of the top level window (or pop up window, or dialog),so that
> can put other widgets in the window without affecting the background
> picture.  But I don't know how to attach the pixmap as the property
> (background) of the window, so need help!
>
> If anyone knows please teach ASAP!
>
> thanks very much
>
> John

use 'gdk_window_set_back_pixmap(GdkWindow *window, GdkPixmap *pixmap,
gint parent_relative)'

Jay