Re: [gtk-list] Re: compile problems on SunOS 5.7

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Dave Reed wrote:

> Correction - 1.2.4 won't compile using gcc 2.8.1 on any of the Suns,
> but it does compile fine on my RH 5.2 Linux box at home.
>
> Any suggestions?

yes, for some reason your perl version isn't able to run the perl
scripts we ship with gtk. possible solutions are to either upgrade perl
(i got 5.004_04 here and it runs fine with the gtk scripts) or to fool
the gtk configure script to not run the rebuild rules.
to fool gtk's configure script you need to open it in an editor, search for
REBULD until you get to these lines:

REBUILD=\#
if test -n "$PERL" && perl -v | grep 'version 5.' > /dev/null ; then
  if test -n "$AWK" ; then
    REBUILD=
  fi
fi

then simply reset the REBUILD value:

REBUILD=\#
if test -n "$PERL" && perl -v | grep 'version 5.' > /dev/null ; then
  if test -n "$AWK" ; then
    REBUILD=\#
  fi
fi

you should reextract the tarball before hand, because the last time you
tried building gtk, your perl version possibly caused gtktypebuiltins_evals.c
or other autogenerated files to be overwritten with grabage.

i'll add a --disable-rebuild option to the configure.in now ;)

> Thanks,
> Dave

---
ciaoTJ