Re: [gtk-list] Re: clist scrolling

As far as I understand it, gtk_container_add_with_viewport() puts a viewport
widget inside the scrolled window, and then adds your widget to the viewport.

Instead, gtk_container_add() puts your widget directly inside the scrolled
window itself.

The CList widget knows about scrolled windows, but -only- if it is the
direct child of the scrolled window.

If it's inside a viewport it won't realise it's in a scrolled window and so
will not be able to do its trick of keeping the labels visible at all times.

So, gtk_container_add() makes the CList work properly because it doesn't put
it inside a viewport and so the CList widget can do its magic with the
scrolled window.

- Andrew