Re: [gtk-list] Difference ?

Andreas Scherf writes:
 > Were is the diffrence between these two ways of Signal connections ?
 >
 > gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (print_button),
 > 		      "clicked",
 > 		      (GtkSignalFunc) print_clist,p_obj);
 >
 > gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (print_button),
 > 		      "clicked",
 > 		      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (printing_clist), p_obj);

I'm no expert, but from what I can tell from having written the Gtk
type documentation, yes, there's a considerable difference.  The first
casts the value (whatever it may really be) into a GtkSignalFunc.  The
second is a macro which may (or may not) do some checking up on
printing_clist before returning a pointer to it, cast into a
GtkSignalFunc.

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com