Re: [gtk-list] Re: Modifieng Text without raising a signal

Owen Taylor wrote:
> Well, actually you are in luck. A lot of other people have
> complained about it, but as long as you use
> gtk_text_insert() instead of gtk_editable_insert_text(),
> then "insert", "delete", and "changed" will only
> be emitted for user chagnes.

I see, also gtk_text_delete_forward() does not emmit any relevant
signals so I am save. Thats good news for my project, but I don`t
understand why there is this distinction between gtk_editable* and
gtk_text* functions. Still IMO 2 layers one for user input only and one
for all changes would be superior to the current approach as it seems
more general.

thank you very much for your help,
Andreas