Re: [gtk-list] Re: Modifieng Text without raising a signal

Owen Taylor wrote:
> Well, actually you are in luck. A lot of other people have
> complained about it, but as long as you use
> gtk_text_insert() instead of gtk_editable_insert_text(),
> then "insert", "delete", and "changed" will only
> be emitted for user chagnes.

I see, also gtk_text_delete_forward() does not emmit any relevant
signals so I am save. Thats good news for my project, but I don`t
understand why there is this distinction between gtk_editable* and
gtk_text* functions. Still IMO 2 layers one for user input only and one
for all changes would be superior to the current approach as it seems
more general.

thank you very much for your help,