Creating ringtones..

Hi

A while ago I asked whether there is good programs which to use in
Linux to create ringtones.

Since there was nothing (that I know of) that would be what I wanted
I started to hack my own.

By the time I have got the following pieces that are already pretty
useable:

http://iki.fi/too/sw/pieno.c

A GTK program that displays piano keyboard which can be played w/
the mouse (and w/ keyboard). Compiles with command. `sh pieno.c'.
It outputs frequencies of tones that be redirected to ...

http://iki.fi/too/sw/tunes.c

A simple hack which reads frequencies from stdin and plays those
out of a soundcard. Compiles with command. `sh tunes.c'.

... So the output of `pieno' can be redirected to `tunes' to
hear the sound of a piano playing:

$ ./piano | ./tunes

http://iki.fi/too/sw/playrtttl.perl (note 3 t:s)

Very quick perl script that plays (a partial) RTTTL formatted
ring tone string. Description of the  RTTTL format is available at:

http://members.tripod.com/~ringtones/note_syntax.txt

... again, pipe playrtttl.perl output to `tunes'

$ ./playrtttl.perl | ./tunes

Suggestions for improvements (especially to `tunes' are welcome.

Tomi