Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problem: no key press/release events.

Wednesday Aug 18 01:46:34 +0000 1999 Stephen Witkop <switk@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I'm using
>
> gdk_key_repeat_disable()
>
> in my key_press event handler and
>
> gdk_key_repeat_restore()
>
> in the key_release handler so that other widgets and apps get the normal
> behavior from the keyboard. I don't know if that's the best way to do it
> but it seems to work ok for me. If that's not a proper use of these
> functions someone please correct me.
>
> 	Stephen

THANKS! that solved the problem. That also solves the other hacky way to
check the focus. I just need to have a FOCUS_CHANGE event in order to
disable/restore the key repeat (in addition to set flag to tell my program
that there is/is_not focus on the widget when button press event arrives).