Changing adjustments on adjustable widgets

Hello.

If I have a GtkText widget (for example) and calls
gtk_text_set_adjustments(...) on it, then it will destroy the previous
adjustments automatically, am I right? Is there anyway I can make the
widget not do this (just forget them) so I can kill them myself later?

I'm working on a Tcl binding and I wrap all the widgets in their own
superstructures for different purposes. I'd like to avoid the situation
where a widget is destroyed from outside my control since it's easier then
to make sure that the superstructure gets wiped along with widget. I guess
I could catch the "destroy" signal but I'm looking for alternatives.

BTW, gtk_widget_set_usize(): What does "Usize" mean?

TIA

--
Per Erik Stendahl