VGA16 Colormap

Hi all,

I'm finally starting to get a good hang of programming with the GDK and GTK
toolkit libraries. Thank you all for your wonderful effort in making a great
toolkit!

My current problem lies in retrieving the system colormap. The
gdk_colormap_get_system function works with flying colors (no pun intended :*)
on TrueColor and PseudoColor visuals. I am also testing my application on the
XFree86 X server for 16-color VGA, just to cover all cases. This is a 16-color
StaticColor visual. The gdk_colormap_get_system function reports the right
colormap size (at 16) but doesn't give me a palette of colors I can work with.
Instead, the colors field is set to NULL.

Does GDK return the VGA palette on VGA StaticColor displays, or should I be
constructing it on my own?

Thanks,
--Arthur