Re: [gtk-list] gtk, threads and 2 processors

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> Has anybody tested multithreaded gtk on a bi-processor linux machine ?
> It looks like my program works fien on a sigle processor one but fails
> on the bi-processor one. Any ideas where should I look for ?

Threads create weird bugs that appear and disappear depending on your
runtime conditions. With 2 processors the thread scheduling will be
totally different so you'll hit bugs that existed but weren't triggered on
a single CPU. Just make sure your locks are correct. :-)

Havoc