GdkImage

Hello,

I've got a problem with GdkImage.  I have an app that has a drawable
widget and a GdkImage which is created using shared memory.  I draw a part
of the image on the drawable widget when the expose event occurs.  When
dragging occurs on the drawable widget I display another portion of the
image to produce the feel that the image is panning.  I've gotten it to
work, but I seem to have some problems.

First of all, I'm using an 8 bit pseudo color visual for the drawable
widget and GdkImage.  The panning works very well on a sparc 20, no
flickering.  But when I run the program on a Ultra 2 with a creator video
card, I get flickering in the panning.  I discovered that if I changed the
visual to direct color, there is no more flickering.  However, for
colormap purposes, i need to use pseudo color.

I have an application here written in Xlib that using pseudo 8bit and
panning working fine, no flickering.

If anyone has any ideas please help.

Thank you

Galex Yen