Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk book(s)?

Thus spoke Rich Shepard
> On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, John C Atkeson wrote:
>
> >   I heard a rumor there's a reference book for gtk now.  I didn't find
> > anything at Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble; If it's for real what is the
> > title?
>
>   It's called "Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK". Written by
> Eric Harlow and published by New Riders Publishing of Indianapolis. ISBN:
> 0-7357-0021-4. Retail price: $34.99.

To be fair, this isn't a reference, per se.  It is a very good introduction
to Gtk, but a reference book would be much more encompassing.  This isn't a
text where you look up a function and find out what it's parameters are
used for.

There are several other books underway that are more like reference guides.
I don't know of any publish dates for them, however.  The one I was asked
to work on isn't due out for quite some time, probably early next year.  Gtk
is a hot topic for publishers apparently.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |   I hope that after I die people will say of me:
The Graphics Muse           |   "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."