Re: Button and Window Questions

I've discovered that if I place a button directly onto a window by the
following code:

gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window) button);

my button looks like it has the default.  However, when I start using hbox's
and the like, the button refuses to show the default.  Since windows and
hbox's are both containers, why should the button widget behave differently?

This is really annoying.  Is this a bug in GTK?