Button too small for text

I made a small application with two buttons labeled "Quit" and "Grab"

The natural size of these is too small. They show up as (approximately)

+----+ +----+
|Quit| |Grab|
+----+ +----+

whereas what I would like better is:

+------+ +------+
| Quit | | Grab |
+------+ +------+

How can I achieve this? I could of course label them " Quit " and " Grab "
but I consider this kludgy. Is there a "right" solution?

The labels should not resize when the toplevel window is resized (in fact
resizing the toplevel window is now switched off thanks to the helpful hints
on this list).

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source

PGP signature