NEWBIE: Password Field and Copy/Paste

This is two distinctive questions, so I'd appreciate an answer to them
individually.

1. I want to implement a password field in my application. How do you
make and entry echo an asterisk (*) instead of the typed text?

2. Is there an API for copy and paste? I want to use push buttons to
implement this (e.g. gtk_signal_connect should take and entry as its
data parameter and it should be able to get a hold of the clipboard from
within the callback).

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Matt