Re: [gtk-list] Re: newbie g_list_remove prob

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Timothy I. McGinnis wrote:
> Ouch.
> Yes, I assigned the return value back to my list variable.
> Yes, I was thinking it compared contents.  But then I assume a glist can
> contain
> anything, not just strings.

Right. The GList doesn't know what those pointers point to, so it can only
compare the pointers. If you want to remove-by-value, you want to manually
search the list.

> So then, I should not be freeing the malloc'ed variables I am appending to
> my glist, correct?  Because the glist is storing only the pointer and if I
> free the malloc'ed variable the pointer will not be valid any longer.

Right, that sounds correct. Just be sure you free the variables when
you're done with them (maybe when you remove them from the list).

Havoc