Re: Still can't get tooltips background to be yellow

"James D. Watson" <jwatson0@erols.com> writes:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I found Owen's comments in the archive (see below) about how to make the
> tooltips background yellow.  I still can't seem to make it work.  I can
> affect the color of the text in the tooltips, although I had to make the
> following RC-file adjustment:
>
>    class "GtkTooltips" style ...

That can't work, because GtkTooltips is not a widget
class; you definitely need to specify it with a "widget"
directive. The way it works is that tooltips sets the
name of the toplevel window it creates.

> but no matter what I do with any of the bg[xxxx] directives, I get
> nothing with the background.
>
> gtk-config tells me I'm using version 1.2.1.

This is what we shipped for Red Hat 6.0; it seems
to work fine.

========
style "gtk-tooltips-style" {
  bg[NORMAL] = "#ffffc0"
}

widget "gtk-tooltips" style "gtk-tooltips-style"
========

Are you sure you are putting it into the right place?
(Either .gtkrc or $sysconfdir/gtk/gtkrc)

> Appreciate any thoughts on this.
>
> Also, as an aside, does anyone know _why_ Redhat had to close off the
> mailing list archive during the SEC-mandated quiet period?

I think it had more to do with some of the other lists
on the archive server. I don't know the details. You
can still access recent GTK+ mailing list archives on
www.gnome.org; gtk-list is also archived on egroups.com.

Regards,
                                        Owen