Re: [gtk-list] GLIB 1.2.2 and GTK+ 1.2.2 Install...

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:06:12 -0400, gtk-list@redhat.com (Steven Hébert) wrote:
> I've been trying to install GLIB and GTK+ (Both are version 1.2.2), and I
> can get it to work.

"can" or "can't"?

> GLib seems to install properly, but GTK+...
>
> I get the message 'Missing glib-config' was moved or something.

Please be a bit more precise, we are not able to guess the "or something".

> I updated ld.so.config and added 'usr/local/lid',
> then ran 'ldconfig'.
>
> Then started the gtk ./configure that's where it craps out
>
> Should I install as root?

For an install in /usr/local, it is normal that you install as root,
because /usr/local is normally owned by root and write only for its owner
(unless you changed that).

My guess is that you didn't install as root, therefore glib-config is
missing, therefore it is not in your path, and therefore the GTK configure
script fails. Install GLIB as root.

My other guess is that you don't have /usr/local/bin in your path, so
configure fails to find glib-config.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl