Please help with blocked X-Server

Hi all!
I posted 2 messages last week:
http://archive.redhat.com/gtk-list/1999-April/0418.html
http://archive.redhat.com/gtk-list/1999-April/0422.html

but got no single reply. I would really need help at least for
the first of them.

It seems that a modal window created from the handler of the select
signal in a clist blocks the mouse input of the X-Server (for all
applications).
I have posted a source example (if the server matters, it is a Mach64
server; but I think it is a general problem). I find no error on my part
in the source I posted, so could please someone with knowledge of the
GTK internals help me?

And if someone tries the second one, that would also be great.

Regards,
Roberto