Re: [gtk-list] enter_notify_event and leave_notify_event on menus?

Chris Saari wrote:
> Should enter_notify_event and leave_notify_event work on menus and menu items?

In my experience, kinda.  :)  In doing menus for AbiWord, we wanted
to trigger an update to the status bar (with contextual hints for
the currently selected menu item.  enter_notify_event seems ONLY
to work for mouse movement, but not keyboard traversal.  I poked
around a few other messages (overriding "draw" was my final solution
with a bit of cleanup on the menu unmap for stray messages), but it's
still not perfect.  I'm just adding a function, attaching it to "draw"
for the menu item, and if the state is prelight, doing my thing.

If anyone knows a signal or event triggered when each item gets
both drawn prelighted and then undrawn prelighted (which is
really just a normal draw again), I'd love to know it.

--
Shaw Terwilliger