glib memory management?

Does glib's memory management provides a way to manage a bunch of pages
which are not on heap? That is, I'd like to get some shared memory (or
mmap() anonymous segment) and tell glib "here is the nice 64K of memory
that needs your management". Then I would get some descriptor for it
which I would use in subsequent calls to xx_malloc(), xx_realloc() and
xx_free() functions. There should be a way to force garbage collection
when it runs out of space and a way to destroy this segment.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.