Re: IRIX prob; get/change menu item label prob

Ray Clouse <ray.clouse@boeing.com> writes:

> Problem #1: On my O2 I'm running Irix 6.3.  In gtk 1.2.1 and now 1.2.2 I
> can't make gtk!  In the gtk directory the make fails on line 548 of the
> Makefile, which is this:
>
> $(static_sources): $(BUILT_SOURCES)
>
> I've investigated static_sources and BUILT_SOURCES and there appears to
> be no syntax errors with either.

I have two theories as to why this is failing:

 - there are multiple targets on the left
 - there are no actions for this rule

Would it be possible to investigate and see if either is
the case?

> Glib 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 makes OK, and is installed.  1.2.0 still works, so
> I'll stick with that, but I'd prefer to be running the latest "stable"
> version if possible.

> Problem #2: How do I access a menu item's label?  Setting the label with
> gtk_menu_item_new_with_label is easy enough, but I need to get the label
> later and then change it.  I've been through the docs and tutuorials and
> reference and cannot find how this is done, or any code that does this.

  gtk_label_get_text (GTK_LABEL (GTK_BIN (menuitem)->child));

Regards,
                                        Owen