Re: [gtk-list] Re: horizontal scrolling incorrectly with scrolledwindow

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> gandalf@pobox.com wrote:
>
> > Here is a code snippet which creates a scrolled window and a clist, and
> > then sets the scrolling in both directions to automatic.  The vertical
> > has no problems, but the horizontal is all wacked out:
> >
> You've set the column width explicitly to 45.
> What you probably want to do is call one of the CList's resize functions
> to set the column width based on the contents, i.e. call
> gtk_clist_columns_autosize(clist) after creating it.

I removed the set_column_width (it wasn't needed, leftover from a cut
and paste) but there was also another place where it happened that did not
have a set width call.

I tried doing the autosize and that sorta fixes it, thanks.  The problem
is that I am using the ctree and clist with only a single column, and
forgetting that it is really a multicolumn device.  What I really wanted
was the data to scroll within the confides of the single column, but that
would not make sense if there were multiple columns.  So I guess I am
stuck with auto resizing and allowing the columnheader to scroll back and
forth.

thanks
-chris