Can't use a scale widget inside a GtkList widget.

Hello,

I'm having a problem using a GtkList widget. I'm putting GtkListItems in
it that contain an hbox that contains a label and a scale widget. (I may
add additional widgets later.) The problem is you can't grab the slider
with the left mouse button and drag it left and right, unless you keep
your pointer exactly inside the trough area, which is impossible.
Apparently, the list widget is using the left button for item selection
and it conflicts with the scale's pointer grab. Using the middle or
right button to drag the slider works, but I can't ask my users to
remember to use that workaround in this context. (Besides we will
eventually be using a Mac PowerBook with only one mouse button.)

I still need to have the left button work for selection of items (at the
very least when clicked on the label, but preferably anywhere), I just
don't want it to disable the pointer grab for the scale widget.

I'm using Gtk-- 1.0 and Gtk 1.2.

Michael Babcock
Jim Henson's Creature Shop - Los Angeles
mbabcock@la.creatureshop.henson.com