Re: [gtk-list] CTree and CList get_text behavior

Hi Mike!

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 02:29:42PM -0400, Mike Fletcher wrote:

>   The problem I'm having is that the CList get_text call (and
> similarly for CTree node_get_text) don't return anything for PIXTEXT
> cells, only TEXT cells.  A patch changing this was mailed to the list
> back in January:
>
> URL http://archive.redhat.com/gtk-list/1999-January/0526.html
[...]
>   But the above patch doesn't appear to have made it into either
> 1.2.1 or what's currently in CVS.  Did this just get overlooked, or is
> there some rationale for not being able to get at the text part of a
> pixtext cell?

I did not change the functions, mostly because I think it's cleaner
the way it is now. If you want to get only the text part of a
PIXTEXT cell you can call :
gtk_clist_get_pixtext (clist,row,column,&textptr,NULL,NULL,NULL);

I know it's a bit more uncomfortable, but if I would apply your
patch, we have to change gtk_clist_get_pixmap and gtk_clist_get_pixtext too.
And I simply don't like the idea that people can call gtk_clist_get_pixtext
on TEXT or PIXMAP cells. And I think people would expect, they could
use gtk_clist_set_text to change only the text part of a PIXTEXT cell.

bye,
  Lars