Sun Keyboard: Control Keys

I'm working on a program at home on my x86 box, and have no problems
using <Control>X to select a menu item (I'm using ItemFactoryEntry).
When I move the program over to my Sun system at work the control and
alt keys have no effect (I can't even use the control keys to copy/paste
in a text box).

Does anyone know how I can change the library so it uses the correct
keyboard control codes? (How would I figure these out? showkey?)

Also does anyone know how I can work the extra sun keys into the library?
(Forward, Back, Open, Close, Copy, Paste, etc)

Thanks
-Tom