Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget handling of "default values"

Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de>
>... the wished effect of
>changing the default value can only be obtained when reaching
>the entry widget via <Tab>.  If I set the focus with the mouse
>this is interpreted like a cursor move and I can't get rid of
>the value by just pressing a letter.

Hi Andreas, you could attach a signal to "focus_in_event" and do the
select_region then. That would work for mouse and for <tab>.

>... I would wish the gtk_editable_select_region()
>behaviour for the GtkFileSelection widget when using
>gtk_file_selection_set_filename().

You should be able to do a similar trick here: attach a signal to
filesel->selection_entry.

John
--
John Cupitt, john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk, +44 (0)171 930 2108
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN