Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget handling of "default values"

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:

[... first problem snipped ... ]
> The more importand problem is that this example works, but if I
> want to use an entry, which I create in exactly the same manner,
> works different, that means doesn't show the wished behaviour, if
> I put it into a cell of a GtkTable widget.  Do I have it to put
> it into a box acting as a container and put this box into the
> table that entry works right?
> (I could ship an example for the table too, if the case is not
> clear.)
... I can't ship an example for this because I did a mistake! ...
Forget about that, but I'm further interested in the strange
colouring.

Furthermore I consider it to be bad that the wished effect of
changing the default value can only be obtained when reaching
the entry widget via <Tab>.  If I set the focus with the mouse
this is interpreted like a cursor move and I can't get rid of
the value by just pressing a letter.  This way the feature
doesn't help much because users will often set the focus with
the mouse.

Last but not least I would wish the gtk_editable_select_region()
behaviour for the GtkFileSelection widget when using
gtk_file_selection_set_filename().

Kind regards

     Andreas.